December 3, 2019
Do you want to contribute to getting millions of people all over the world access to healthcare? Do you want to work in a fast-paced, international environment where you can truly make a difference? Join our highly skilled team of 135 colleagues at CarePay and have an impact from day one!
CarePay is looking to hire UX designers, at medior and senior level, for our Amsterdam team. If you are interested, please send us a quick note with your resume and (a link to) your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CarePay is a fast-growing fintech / healthtech company with offices in Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, and the Netherlands. Our corporate mission is to “Give Everyone the Power to Care” through a digital payment and data platform that transparently connects people, healthcare providers, and healthcare payers. Through our platform we already connect over 4.5 million people with more than 2000 healthcare providers and financing from various insurances, employers and donors. In 2017, CarePay won the FT/IFC Transformational Business Award and in 2018 CarePay was recognized as a Technology Pioneer 2018 by the World Economic Forum, putting it in the same league as previous winners of the same award such as Google, Facebook and Airbnb. In 2019 CarePay secured substantial financial funding to support and fuel our growth and to realize our vision.
As a UX Designer at CarePay you are part of the UX Chapter and work closely with product owners and development teams to create and improve what the platform has to offer its end users. You are part of multidisciplinary teams including UX’ers, software engineers, cloud engineers, business analysts and business owners. As a UX Designer you take ownership of the behaviour, interaction and look and feel of your focus area within the platform and take pride in achieving results.
Your main task is to create solutions that are aligned with business objectives, the technical implications and the needs of the end users. You have a high level of empathy and a passion for understanding the user. You are not reluctant to ask hard questions to understand the why of a situation and know the difference between what people say they want and what they actually need.
You will be working with a team of UX designers to help you progress in your craft, share knowledge and with whom you will actively contribute to the design library, guidelines and patterns across the platform. You seek alignment when needed, but can work independently to explore new opportunities and solutions.
• 3 - 7 years experience in product/UX/interaction design
• Solid experience in design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Adobe XD, Figma, InVision, Principle, Proto.io
• Strong understanding of user-centered design practices, detailed interaction design, rapid ideation tools and agile process
• You don’t just translate requirements into solutions, you thrive best when you help define them
• Convincingly articulate design rational, ideas and solutions to stakeholders
• Comfortable thinking about high level designs and interaction patterns but enjoy working out the details
• Knowledgeable about best-practice design patterns and methodologies
• Experience in designing for desktop, mobile, tablet interfaces
• Strong collaboration and teamwork experience
• Interest in global development and healthcare
• English speaking
• Have experience in facilitation workshops focussed on ‘need-finding’
• Experience in planning and conducting UX research
• Experience in designing for complex software solutions
• Experience working in a highly competitive, international business environment
What we offer
• The opportunity to work on a product with high social impact with a fun and motivated team
• Provide an environment where you can perfect your craft
• Startup culture with an international team (>50% in Kenya), flat hierarchies, and Friday beers
• Based in Amsterdam with travel opportunities
• Your choice of equipment and tools
• Competitive salary and flexible hours