March 5, 2020
CarePay is a fast-growing fintech / healthtech company with offices in Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, and the Netherlands. Our corporate mission is to “Give Everyone the Power to Care” through a digital payment and data platform that transparently connects people, healthcare providers, and healthcare payors. Our most prominent product, Kenya’s M-TIBA platform, already connects over 4.5 million people with about 2000 healthcare providers and financing from various insurances, employers and donors. In 2017, CarePay won the FT/IFC Transformational Business Award and in 2018 CarePay was recognized as a Technology Pioneer 2018 by the World Economic Forum, putting it in the same league as previous winners of the same award such as Google, Facebook and Airbnb.
The Testing & Quality Assurance Engineer will work closely with the team leader and other departments to provide the means and also the measures for testing all the aspects of a software solution, both functionally and technically, in order to meet the requirements and overall quality of the intended solution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Meeting with product managers and developers to understand the systems they test and to create testing plans
• Testing - Following the outline in the testing plan to test each option in the system and ensure it navigates to the appropriate place in the software or provides the correct result.
• Bug Tracking - identifying the system module that contains the bug, includes information for the developer to understand the problem and to replicate it and prioritizes the bug based on the severity of the error.
• Technical Support - Working with technical support to help support users
• Analyzing user requirements, researching, designing and writing new software programs.
• Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
• Responding promptly and professionally to bug reports.
• Writing operational documentation with technical authors.
• Maintaining systems by monitoring and correcting software defects.
• Working closely with other staff, such as project managers, graphic artists, designers, developers, systems analysts, and sales and marketing professionals.
• Consulting clients and colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems and with a view to writing or modifying current operating systems.
• Protect operations by keeping information confidential.
• In conjunction with developers and system implementation team prepare of training manuals and training users
• Handling support and feedback
• Maintaining the systems once they are up and running
• Investigating new technologies.
• Continually updating technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and/or external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications.
• Degree qualifications in Information Technology, Computer Science, software engineering, or related field
• Knowledge in Software Testing and Quality requirements will be added advantage.
• At least 2-3 years of work experience in system testing and quality position
• Experience and knowledge in software development lifecycle
• Training focused on programming, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Documentation, and Software Testing.
• An understanding of the latest trends and their role in a commercial environment
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Excellent IT and system testing skills
• Very good writing and software documentation preparation skills
• Strong in numerical and analytical skills
• Have creative approach to problem-solving
• Excellent organizational, and project management skills
• Ability to work to another’s design and specification
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Eye for detail
• Ability to interpret and follow technical plans
• Team working skills with ability to work with people at all levels, including non-technical staff
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Training and presentation skills
• Be self-motivated and a quick learner
• Discretion in handling confidential information.
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, professionalism, and a commitment to CarePay’s mission to Give People Power to Care.