March 5, 2020
CarePay is a fast-growing fintech / healthtech company with offices in Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, and the Netherlands. Our corporate mission is to “Give Everyone the Power to Care” through a digital payment and data platform that transparently connects people, healthcare providers, and healthcare payors. Our most prominent product, Kenya’s M-TIBA platform, already connects over 4.5 million people with about 2000 healthcare providers and financing from various insurances, employers and donors. In 2017, CarePay won the FT/IFC Transformational Business Award and in 2018 CarePay was recognized as a Technology Pioneer 2018 by the World Economic Forum, putting it in the same league as previous winners of the same award such as Google, Facebook and Airbnb.
Do you have it in you to play a critical IT role and passionate in providing value and impactful solutions?
At CarePay we have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our agile and dynamic IT team as Technical Lead. The position is well suited to an individual who is hands-on, proactive and develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility by collaborating with the product owners, software developers and scrum masters within your focus area to create a team vision and roadmap.
In this role you are the technical lead for a major part of the CarePay platfrom. You are part of one or more development teams (squad). With the teams you develop and run high quality software that meets the company, client and industry needs. You are involved in new requirements, to assess technical feasibility, draft the technical solution and oversee implementation. You will carry the technical vision of your focus area. You initiate changes that make this vision a reality.
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, engineering or related field
• At least 5 years’ experience in a senior software development / design position
• Experience in Fintech, Insuretech or related industries
• Experience leading a team of high performance engineers
• Excellent knowledge of UML and other modelling methods and tools
• Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
• An understanding of confidentiality and data protection issues
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Analytic mindset and good problem-solving skills
• A technical mindset with great attention to detail
• Strong people skills with proven ability to lead and guide development teams from a technical perspective
• Team working skills with ability to work with people at all levels, including non-technical staff
• Proactive and uses initiative within agreed boundaries
• Enthusiastic and motivated personality
• Discretion in handling confidential information
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, professionalism, and a commitment to CarePay’s mission to Give People Power to Care