July 1, 2021
Do you want to contribute to enable millions of people all over the world access to healthcare? Do you want to work in a fast-paced, international environment where you can truly make a difference? Join our highly skilled team of 190 colleagues at CarePay and have an impact from day one!
CarePay is looking to hire UX designers, at senior level, for our Amsterdam office. If you are interested, please apply here.
CarePay is a data-driven company operating in Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania and with headquarters located in Amsterdam. CarePay has developed a mobile health benefit platform, branded M-TIBA in Kenya, that has the potential to fundamentally change healthcare. The platform digitally connects patients, health payers (e.g. insurers, governments) and healthcare providers to one platform. We believe that through mobile technology everyone can be connected to health insurance against very low marginal costs. Our platform enables people to access health insurance schemes and pay for healthcare efficiently and transparently via a user-friendly health wallet on their mobile phone. Using our digital platform leads to reduced costs, creates huge data value, and enhances transparency and accountability.
So far, we have enrolled over 4.7 million people and have connected more than 3,000 healthcare providers. Since the start, CarePay has gained international traction. In 2017, CarePay won the FT/IFC Transformational Business Award and in 2018 CarePay was recognized as Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum. In 2019, CarePay won the Swiss Re Entrepreneurs for Resilience Award. In 2020 CarePay was selected as one of the pioneering use cases on Europe’s GAIA-X cloud platform and has been listed together with Safaricom in Fortune’s Change the World top 10, alongside companies like Zoom and Alibaba.
In April 2019, CarePay International raised $45 million in a Series A financing round to facilitate the expansion to other countries.
As a UX designer at CarePay you are part of the UX Chapter and own the design process end-to-end within your focus area. Your day-to-day consists of working closely with stakeholders to create solutions that are aligned with the business objectives, technical implications and the needs of the end users. You are part of multidisciplinary agile teams including UX’ers, business owners, software- cloud- and data engineers and scrum masters. You are hands-on and are open to give and receive feedback to elevate the quality of the UX.
Designing for a better future, in which you challenge the status quo and challenge yourself is what drives you. Empathetic and experimental by nature, you don’t shy away from trying new things and thinking outside the box, while keeping the end-users’ goals and business objectives at the centre of your decision making process. You are not reluctant to ask hard questions to understand ‘the why’ and know the difference between what people say they want and what they actually need. You are a strategic thinker, know how to articulate your rationale and are used to building a storyline around a well laid out plan. You take full ownership of the experience you design for and enjoy coaching more junior designers.
You will be working with a team of UX designers to help you progress in your craft, share knowledge and with whom you will actively contribute to the design library, guidelines and patterns across the platform. You seek alignment when needed but can work independently to explore new opportunities and solutions.
• 5 - 7 years experience in product/UX/interaction design
• Solid experience in design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision, Principle, Proto.io
• Strong understanding of user-centered design practices, design thinking, detailed interaction design, rapid ideation tools and agile process
• You don’t just translate requirements into solutions, you thrive best when you help define them
• Convincingly articulate design rational, concepts and solutions to stakeholders
• Comfortable thinking about high level designs and interaction patterns but enjoy working out the details
• Best-practice design patterns and methodologies are no mystery to you
• Experience in designing for desktop, mobile, tablet interfaces
• Strong collaboration and teamwork experience
• Interest in global development and healthcare
• English speaking
• Experience in facilitation workshops focussed on ‘need-finding’
• Experience in planning and conducting UX research
• Experience in designing for complex software solutions
• Experience working in a highly competitive, international business environment
• Experience in coaching juniors
What we offer
• The opportunity to work on a multi-faceted product with high social impact
• Startup culture with an international team (>50% in Kenia), flat hierarchies, and Friday beers
• Provide an environment where you can perfect your craft
• Your choice of equipment and tools
• Training budget
• Based in Amsterdam with travel opportunities
• Competitive salary and flexible hours