March 5, 2020
CarePay is a fast-growing fintech / healthtech company with offices in Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, and the Netherlands. Our corporate mission is to “Give Everyone the Power to Care” through a digital payment and data platform that transparently connects people, healthcare providers, and healthcare payors. Our most prominent product, Kenya’s M-TIBA platform, already connects over 4.5 million people with about 2000 healthcare providers and financing from various insurances, employers and donors. In 2017, CarePay won the FT/IFC Transformational Business Award and in 2018 CarePay was recognized as a Technology Pioneer 2018 by the World Economic Forum, putting it in the same league as previous winners of the same award such as Google, Facebook and Airbnb.
As a Scrum Master you lead the process of one or more of our development squads. In a multidisciplinary team you ensure, initiate and lead rituals such as stand-ups, reviews and planning sessions. You make sure the team is in control of their deliveries and act when you see deviations. You communicate with external stakeholders inside and outside CarePay to align efforts and remove any impediments.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Coordinate sprints, lead daily stand-ups, planning and retrospectives
• Work closely with Product Owners to handle backlogs and new requests
• Follow progress and act on deviations or impediments
• Facilitate internal and external communication and effective collaboration
• Take on a project lead role, when necessary, for larger and customer facing projects,
• Ensure deliverables are up to quality standards at the end of each sprint
• Guide development teams to higher maturity
• Coach team members
Key performance measures:
• Goals of the squads/focus area
• Improving the effectiveness of the team in terms of productivity, quality, speed, etc.
• Happiness of the squads
• Bachelor’s degree in a related filed (i.e. Engineering, Product Design, Healthcare Management)
• Experience in creating digital software-based solutions
• At least 2 years’ experience as a Scrum Master
• Certified Scrum Master certification (CSM) is a plus
• Experience with data driven product decision making
• Experience as a software developer is a plus
• Experience in Healthcare, Insurance or Payments domain is a big plus
• Affinity with global development and healthcare
Key skills & competencies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Analytic mindset and good problem-solving skills.
• Client outcome driven
• Strong people and leadership skills
• Team working skills with ability to relate with people at all levels and different cultures, including non-technical staff
• Proactive and uses initiative to get things done
• Ability to work on own initiative within agreed boundaries
• Enthusiastic and motivated personality
• Discretion in handling confidential information.
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, professionalism, and a commitment to CarePay’s mission to Give People Power to Care.
What we offer
• The opportunity to work on projects with high social impact with a fun and motivated team
• Startup culture with an international team (>50% in Kenya), flat hierarchies
• Competitive salary and flexible hours