April 13, 2021
Do you want to contribute to getting millions of people all over the world access to healthcare? Do you want to work in a fast-paced, international environment where you can truly make a difference? Join our highly skilled team of 190 colleagues at CarePay and have impact from day one!
CarePay is looking to hire an seasoned Project Manager - Integrations for our Kenyan team. If you are interested, please send us a quick note with your resume to email@example.com or apply below!
CarePay is a data-driven company operating in Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania and with headquarters located in Amsterdam. CarePay has developed a mobile health benefit platform, branded M-TIBA in Kenya, that has the potential to fundamentally change healthcare. The platform digitally connects patients, health payers (e.g. insurers, governments) and healthcare providers to one platform. We believe that through mobile technology everyone can be connected to health insurance against very low marginal costs. Our platform enables people to access health insurance schemes and pay for healthcare efficiently and transparently via a user-friendly health wallet on their mobile phone. Using our digital platform leads to reduced costs, creates huge data value, and enhances transparency and accountability.
So far, we have enrolled over 4.7 million people and have connected more than 3,000 healthcare providers. Since the start, CarePay has gained international traction. In 2017, CarePay won the FT/IFC Transformational Business Award and in 2018 CarePay was recognized as Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum. In 2019, CarePay won the Swiss Re Entrepreneurs for Resilience Award. In 2020 CarePay was selected as one of the pioneering use cases on Europe’s GAIA-X cloud platform and has been listed together with Safaricom in Fortune’s Change the World top 10, alongside companies like Zoom and Alibaba.
In April 2019, CarePay International raised $45 million in a Series A financing round to facilitate the expansion to other countries.
The Technical Project Manager will primarily be responsible for the planning, execution and first line support of all integrations between Carepool and external partners’ systems. Key focus area will be on provider HMIS integrations, payer systems (insurance, donors) integrations and ensuring end to end management of the same. The role will also include keeping track of key integrations requirements and delivery of the features. You will be required to work with various internal teams to ensure provider integration and feature needs are delivered.
The Technical Project Manager is responsible for planning, scheduling and management of IT and IT-related projects. Individuals in the role must possess both a high level technical expertise and the capabilities required for project manager, including excellent organization, leadership and communication skills.
Duties & responsibilities
• Coordinate meetings, communication and engagements between CarePay, healthcare providers, payers (e.g. insurance, donors) and third-party system vendors regarding integrations.
• Manage the systems integration end to end project from requirements gathering, scoping, implementation, testing until go-live.
• Ensure proper documentation is in place for the integrations from relevant internal teams as well as external teams.
• Liaise with the Provider Relations Officer(s) in ensuring smooth operations of all integrations across board.
• Monitoring performance of all integrations and coordinate SLAs whenever issues arise post go-live
• First line investigation of any problems that arise with the integrations and ensuring proper follow up with relevant parties to ensure resolution in good time.
• Identify key features necessary to ensuring a flawless integration specific to a partner system.
• Liaise with platform product owners and tech leads on planning and prioritization of all required integration works across relevant internal teams.
• Assisting with tracking and stakeholder reporting of feature delivery from the various internal CarePay teams.
• Coordinate the onboarding of new partner systems’ integrations.
• Publish and ensure support escalation matrices are up to date for all partner integrations.
Minimal qualifications and experience
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in IT, Project management or Project Management or healthcare-IT
• At least 5 -6 years of relevant working experience; preferably handling technical projects.
• Strong understanding of hospital management information systems or equivalent.
• Client relations and management experience
• An understanding of confidentiality and data protection issues.
Preferred skills and competencies
• Excellent technical forensics and troubleshooting skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
• Excellent business relationship building skills
What we offer
• The opportunity to work on projects with high social impact with a fun and motivated team
• Startup culture with an international team, flat hierarchies
• Based in Nairobi, Kenya with travel opportunities
• Competitive salary and flexible hours