October 11, 2021
Do you want to contribute to getting millions of people all over the world access to healthcare? Do you want to work in a fast-paced, international environment where you can truly make a difference? Join our highly skilled team of 190 colleagues at CarePay and have impact from day one!
CarePay is looking to hire a (digital) marketeer for our Amsterdam team. Are you looking for a challenging job, where you get responsibility from day one? Are you looking for an opportunity to develop yourself in marketing & communications, and are you interested to explore more areas outside marketing? If so, then this is the job for you!
If you are interested, please apply here.
CarePay is a data-driven company operating in Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania and with headquarters located in Amsterdam. CarePay has developed a mobile health benefit platform, branded M-TIBA in Kenya, that has the potential to fundamentally change healthcare. The platform digitally connects patients, health payers (e.g., insurers, governments) and healthcare providers to one platform. We believe that through mobile technology everyone can be connected to health insurance against very low marginal costs. Our platform enables people to access health insurance schemes and pay for healthcare efficiently and transparently via a user-friendly health wallet on their mobile phone. Using our digital platform leads to reduced costs, creates huge data value, and enhances transparency and accountability.
So far, we have enrolled over 4.7 million people and have connected more than 3,000 healthcare providers. Since the start, CarePay has gained international traction. In 2017, CarePay won the FT/IFC Transformational Business Award and in 2018 CarePay was recognized as Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum. In 2019, CarePay won the Swiss Re Entrepreneurs for Resilience Award. In 2020 CarePay was selected as one of the pioneering use cases on Europe’s GAIA-X cloud platform and has been listed together with Safaricom in Fortune’s Change the World top 10, alongside companies like Zoom and Alibaba.
In April 2019, CarePay International raised $45 million in a Series A financing round to facilitate the expansion to other countries.
As a (digital) marketeer in our Amsterdam team, you will be developing and supporting the roll out of the overall marketing and communication strategy. You support the marketing managers in all aspects of the marketing plan execution, and you are in regular contact with local marketing teams. You are responsible for the maintenance and management of our social media channels and website. You are constantly looking out for opportunities to improve CarePay’s communication and marketing of our proposition to external and internal stakeholders.
Besides supporting the external marketing and communication projects, the scope of this role also touches internal communications and employer branding. You contribute to our company culture by e.g. organizing and leading (team building) events and activities, improving internal communications and strengthening team building across all our offices. Aware of the impact of a strong culture on the positioning in the putside world. You will support overarching projects and are willing to expand your horizon outside marketing.
Our ideal candidate is innovative, structured, flexible, up to date on the latest online platforms and trends, is social media and tech savvy, has strong communication skills, and is ambitious, and eager to learn. We are a fast-growing scale-up and our ideal candidate is comfortable with ambiguity while bringing in more structure and doesn’t mind taking on a variety of tasks.
Duties & responsibilities
• Co-drafting, coordinating, and executing the company’s international marketing strategy
• Coordinating, maintaining, and developing an international brand management strategy
• Coordinating, maintaining, and developing marketing and brand materials, such as videos, animations, templates,
corporate identity documents, merchandise and more.
• Regularly write updates, blogs, reports and more
• Developing a social media plan and managing our social media channels, while constantly aligning with our local teams and external communications agency
• Managing, improving, and updating CarePay’s website
• Working closely with HR and Recruitment to support in employer branding and recruitment, by e.g. organizing events on a regular basis (meetups, hackathons), increase employer presence at events/conferences, and managing vacancies online
• Look out and plan for opportunities to apply for e.g. awards, conferences, innovation calls
• Responsible for information management throughout the company, by managing, updating and further growing our internal knowledge base
• Point of contact for management on communication & marketing issues
• Facilitate and organize regular marketing meetings with local and head office teams
• Facilitate data-driven decision-making by tracking and analyzing traffic data on our social media channels and websites
• Support internal communication by e.g. leading groupwide update meetings and and drafting newsletters
• A relevant master’s degree in e.g., Marketing, Business Administration, Communications or other
• Fluent in English and Dutch
• A hands-on mentality and willingness to work on various projects
• Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
• Proficiency in English is a must (both verbal and written), proficiency in Dutch is helpful
• You have (0-3 years) relevant working experience (including internships and extra-curricular activities)
Bonus points if you have
• You are passionate about global health and tech
• Experience with Webflow and/or CMS systems
• Experience with Google Analytics and social media analytics
What we offer
• The opportunity to work on projects with high social impact with a fun and motivated team
• Startup culture with an international team (>50% in Kenya), flat hierarchies, and Friday beers
• To be part of a fast-growing scale-up with plenty of growth opportunities
• Based in Amsterdam with travel opportunities
• Competitive salary and flexible hours