January 30, 2020
CarePay is a fast-growing fintech / healthtech company with offices in Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, and the Netherlands. Our corporate mission is to “Give Everyone the Power to Care” through a digital payment and data platform that transparently connects people, healthcare providers, and healthcare payors. Our most prominent product, Kenya’s M-TIBA platform, already connects over 4.5 million people with about 2000 healthcare providers and financing from various insurances, employers and donors. In 2017, CarePay won the FT/IFC Transformational Business Award and in 2018 CarePay was recognized as a Technology Pioneer 2018 by the World Economic Forum, putting it in the same league as previous winners of the same award such as Google, Facebook and Airbnb.
CarePay is a technology company. Having the right systems to do our work and taking good care of them is crucial for our success. CarePay has quickly grown from an organization of 30 to 130 staff. We have identified the need for a new ICT manager who brings our portfolio of systems, networks, applications, tools and supporting processes our employees use to run our business to the next level. An excellent chance for a professional looking to shape the landscape in a fast growing and dynamic company. Part of the job holder’s role is hands-on, doing yourself, part of it is management and enabling others to do the work.
Qualifications, knowledge & experience
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science/Engineering or a related field
• At least 4 years work experience in a similar role and environment
• Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Azure Active Directory
• Knowledge of ITIL or other framework for delivering service levels
• An understanding of confidentiality and data protection issues.
• Analytic mindset and good problem-solving skills.
• A keen eye for detail
• Flexible mind set
• Team working skills with ability to work with people at all levels, including non-technical staff
• Be self-motivated and a quick learner
• Sense of ownership
• Ability to work on own initiative within agreed boundaries
• Team supervision and management
• Enthusiastic and motivated personality
• Sensitivity and awareness of confidentiality requirements
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, professionalism, and a commitment to CarePay’s mission to Give People Power to Care.