Do you want to contribute to getting millions of Nigerians access to affordable quality healthcare? Do you want to work in a fast-paced, international environment where you can truly make a difference? Join our highly skilled team of 190 colleagues at CarePay and have impact from day one!
CarePay is looking to hire a growth specialist for our CarePay Nigeria team. Are you looking for a challenging job, where you get responsibility from day one? Are you looking for an opportunity to develop and showcase your expertise in growth hacking, platform/product marketing & communications, and are you interested to explore more areas outside marketing? If so, then this is the job for you!
If you are interested, please apply via firstname.lastname@example.org
CarePay is a data-driven company operating in Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania and with headquarters located in Amsterdam. CarePay has developed a mobile health benefit management platform, branded M-TIBA in Kenya, that has the potential to fundamentally change healthcare. The platform digitally connects patients, health payers (e.g., insurers, governments) and healthcare providers to one platform. We believe that through mobile technology everyone can be connected to health insurance against very low marginal costs. Our platform enables people to access health insurance schemes and pay for healthcare efficiently and transparently. Using our digital platform leads to reduced costs, enhances transparency, efficiency and accountability for healthcare providers, payers and consumers.
So far, we have enrolled over 4.7 million people and have connected more than 3,500 healthcare providers across Kenya and Nigeria. Since the start, CarePay has gained international traction. In 2017, CarePay won the FT/IFC Transformational Business Award and in 2018 CarePay was recognized as Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum. In 2019, CarePay won the SwissRe Entrepreneurs for Resilience Award. In 2020 CarePay was selected as one of the pioneering use cases on Europe’s GAIA-X cloud platform and has been listed together with Safaricom in Fortune’s Change the World top 10, alongside companies like Zoom and Alibaba.
As a growth specialist in our Nigeria team, you will be developing and supporting the roll out of the overall CarePay Nigeria marketing and communication strategy for B2C and B2Bproducts such as our retail health insurance marketplace and healthcare provider cash advance. You will support the commercial team in all aspects of go-to-market and marketing plan execution. You will be responsible for the maintenance and management of our social media channels and website. You will be constantly looking out for opportunities to improve CarePay’s communication and marketing of our proposition to external and internal stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate is innovative, structured, flexible, up to date on the latest online platforms and trends, is social media and tech savvy, has strong communication skills, and is ambitious, and eager to learn. We are a fast-growing scale-up and our ideal candidate is comfortable with ambiguity while bringing in more structure and doesn’t mind taking on a variety of tasks.
As a Growth Specialist, you will:
- Develop and collaborate on campaign strategies with other members of the team
- Work with our creative partners to create beautiful images and excellent copy that drive results
- Execute ongoing experimentation of messaging and creative, and use performance data and experiential knowledge to draft new experiments aimed at result improvements
- Manage multiple timelines and deliverables while communicating and escalating speed bumps and delays with internal and external partners
- Use data trends between digital ads, target audiences, website experiences to identify future growth opportunities
Duties & responsibilities
- Generating leads and traffic for the retail health insurance marketplace
- Tracking and measuring conversion rates at each step of the customer journey and making informed judgment in collaboration with the product managers to improve conversion rates
- Co-drafting, coordinating, and executing the company’s Nigeria marketing strategy
- Coordinating, maintaining, and developing the company’s Nigeria brand management strategy
- Coordinating, maintaining, and developing marketing and brand materials, such as videos, animations, templates, corporate identity documents, merchandise and more.
- Regularly writing updates, blogs, reports and more
- Developing a social media plan and managing our social media channels, while constantly aligning with our local teams and external communications agency
- Co-managing, improving, and updating CarePay’s website
- Working closely with HR and Recruitment to support in employer branding and recruitment, by e.g. organizing events on a regular basis (meetups, hackathons), increase employer presence at events/conferences, and managing vacancies online
- Looking out and planning for opportunities to apply for e.g. awards, conferences, innovation calls
- Point of contact for management on communication & marketing issues for CarePay Nigeria
- Facilitating and organize regular marketing meetings with local and head office teams
- Facilitating data-driven decision-making by tracking and analyzing traffic data on our social media channels and websites
- Supporting internal communication by e.g. leading groupwide update meetings and and drafting newsletters
- Responsible for information management throughout the company, by managing, updating and growing our internal knowledge base
Job required skills
- You have (2 - 5 years) relevant working experience (including internships and extra-curricular activities) in a fintech or insurtech
- A hands-on mentality and willingness to work on various projects
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Proficiency in English is a must (both verbal and written)
- Experience working with mobile (SMS)advertising, email advertising platforms and Ads Managers: Facebook, Google, Microsoft, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Snapchat, TikTok, Taboola, Outbrain. Must be able to set up, verify, and troubleshoot tracking pixels
Bonus points if you have
- Demonstrable accomplishments in similar roles
- You are passionate about global health and tech
- Previous experience in the healthcare or health insurance industry
- Experience with Webflow and/or CMS systems
- Experience with Google Analytics and social media analytics
- A relevant degree in e.g., Marketing, Business Administration, Communications or other
What we offer
- The opportunity to work on projects with high social impact with a fun and motivated team
- To be part of a fast-growing scale-up with plenty of growth opportunities
- Based in Lagos with travel local and international opportunities
- Competitive salary and flexible hours