November 22, 2019
Do you want to contribute to getting millions of people all over the world access to healthcare? Do you want to work in a fast-paced, international environment where you can truly make a difference? Join our highly skilled team of 135 colleagues at CarePay and have impact from day one!
CarePay is looking to hire frontend engineers, at junior, medior and senior level, for our Amsterdam team. If you are interested, please send us a quick note with your resume to email@example.com.
CarePay is a fast-growing fintech / healthtech company with offices in Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, and the Netherlands. Our corporate mission is to “Give Everyone the Power to Care” through a digital payment and data platform that transparently connects people, healthcare providers, and healthcare payers. Through our platform we already connect over 4.5 million people with more than 2000 healthcare providers and financing from various insurances, employers and donors. In 2017, CarePay won the FT/IFC Transformational Business Award and in 2018 CarePay was recognized as a Technology Pioneer 2018 by the World Economic Forum, putting it in the same league as previous winners of the same award such as Google, Facebook and Airbnb. In 2019 Carepay secured substantial financial funding to support and fuel our growth and to realize our vision.
As a frontend engineer you are part of one of our developer teams working on core features of the platform. You are part of a multidisciplinary team including software engineers, cloud engineers, business analysts, designers and business owners. As a team you own your backlog and take pride in achieving results. Your main task to is to deliver quality solutions for our end users and at the same time keep the platform fit for the future. You guide and coach other team members. Our main technologies are Java, AWS, SQL, Angular and Android. You will be working with a diverse and driven team that prioritizes impact over cutting-edge methods. Yet at the same you and your continuously probe and explore new opportunities and technologies.
• MSc in software engineering or related
• At least 2 years plus relevant software development experience
• Interest in global development and healthcare
• English speaking
• Have a cloud native mindset
• Experience setting up CI/CD tools and pipelines
• Experience with Github or Bitbucket
• Experience with mobile technology and development
• Security and GDPR are always part of your development cycle.
• Experience with developing solutions as part of a team
• Experience working in a highly competitive, international business environment
What we offer
• The opportunity to work on projects with high social impact with a fun and motivated team
• Startup culture with an international team (>50% in Kenya), flat hierarchies, and Friday beers
• Based in Amsterdam with travel opportunities
• Your choice of equipment and tools
• Competitive salary and flexible hours