September 21, 2022
Amsterdam (The Netherlands)
Do you want to contribute to getting millions of people all over the world access to healthcare? Do you want to work in a fast-paced, international environment where you can truly make a difference? Do you want to be part of a community that radically transforms healthcare? Join our highly skilled team of 190 colleagues at CarePay and have impact from day one!
CarePay is looking to hire a financial controller for our Amsterdam team. If you are interested, please apply here.
We believe mobile technology can connect everyone to healthcare at very low cost. Our technology is already changing the healthcare industry by connecting people, funders and providers in Kenya and Nigeria through a single mobile health platform. Our platform empowers the individual to access health insurance schemes and pay for healthcare efficiently and transparently via their mobile phone. We are proud to have over 5 million people, more than 4,400 healthcare clinics and a growing number of insurers use our platform. And it’s growing every day.
Since the start, CarePay has gained international traction. In 2017, CarePay won the FT/IFCTransformational Business Award and in 2018 CarePay was recognized asTechnology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum. In 2019, CarePay won the SwissRe Entrepreneurs for Resilience Award. In 2020 CarePay was selected as one of the pioneering use cases on Europe’s GAIA-X cloud platform and has been listed together with Safaricom in Fortune’s Change the World top 10, along side companies like Zoom and Alibaba.
As financial controller you are part of the international finance team and reporting to the Head of Finance and Control in Amsterdam. As a team you take ownership and responsibility for the financial administration, timely monthly closing procedures, internal and external reporting, tax processes and managing thei nsurance portfolio.
An important part of the job will be to streamline financial processes throughout the group, working closely together with our finance colleagues in Nairobi, Kenya and Lagos,Nigeria.
You are the financial conscience of the business and supports with financial analyzes and solid management information. You are able to identify risks in order to initiate performance improvements and to address business issues
Some examples of maintasks are as follows:
- You are responsible for managing accounting functions, such as accurately maintaining the financial administration of CarePay International and periodically reviewing the financial administration of our operating entities
- You ensure timely monthly closing procedures and ensure quality and accuracy of monthly reporting
- You support the finance teams during the yearly budget cycle
- You monitor on a monthly basis on actuals and variances compared to budget, explain and substantiate significant differences, report on profitability and cost behavior and advice on corrective measures
- You support with the yearly external audit process and the preparationof the financial statements
- You support in ensuring timely and accurate filing of all taxrequirements within the group
- You support in proactively assessing the insurance portfolio ofthe company and maintaining external relationships with our insurance advisors
- Coordinate with our teams in Kenya and Nigeria on all financial processes and set up group accounting policies and structures
- Enable insights in profitability per product line / activity based costing
What we offer