March 31, 2020
CarePay is a fast-growing fintech / healthtech company with offices in Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, and the Netherlands. Our corporate mission is to “Give Everyone the Power to Care” through a digital payment and data platform that transparently connects people, healthcare providers, and healthcare payors. Our most prominent product, Kenya’s M-TIBA platform, already connects over 4.5 million people with about 2000 healthcare providers and financing from various insurances, employers and donors. In 2017, CarePay won the FT/IFC Transformational Business Award and in 2018 CarePay was recognized as a Technology Pioneer 2018 by the World Economic Forum, putting it in the same league as previous winners of the same award such as Google, Facebook and Airbnb.
As financial controller you are the linking pin between the CFO, the controlling department and the (outsourced-) accounting team. You will report to the CFO.
You are responsible for the timely, complete and correctness of the general ledger, and all financial reporting necessary to steer the organization financially. Administration is outsourced to a third party that you will be closely cooperating with and managing as a supplier/vendor.
• Responsible for the financial accounting of the group;
• Be able to be a business partner to the business / countries where it comes to accounting challenges. You like to dive in deep and find appropriate solutions.
• Assuring the quality of the outsourced financial general ledger, with complete and qualitative balance sheet dossiers and monthly reporting;
• Responsible for timely monthly, quarterly and annual closings, aligned with controlling and external accountants;
• Monitoring and tracking actuals versus budget and signaling deviations from budget and take action to mitigate;
• Reviewing the administration / results / reporting of the group’s subsidiaries;
• Consolidating and regular reviews of the administration of our other offices;
• Contributing to the continuous improvement of the finance organization by proposing and implementing improvements;
• Together with the CFO you take care of the management and optimization of the AO/IC-processes;
• Together with the CFO you maintain contacts with the external auditor and tax authorities;
• You have at least a financial degree , i.e. Bachelor in Accountancy or Finance;
• You have a minimum of 3 to 5 years working experience;
• Experience with and working knowledge of different financial/accounting software with digital workflows and obviously MS Office (especially Excel);
• You also have experience in the development of reporting and consolidation of different (international-) entities and like to work with tight deadlines;
• Proficient in English; knowledge of Dutch language preferred;
• You have a concise and structured way of working and combine pragmatism with a can-do mentality;
• You like accounting challenges; are analytic strong enough to translate the content to the challenge;
What we offer
• A challenging job within an internationally operating “scale up”;
• Next to competitive employment conditions we offer you an open environment and culture with room to grow;
• The job is based in Amsterdam