September 7, 2021
Do you want to contribute to getting millions of people all over the world access to healthcare? Do you want to work in a fast-paced, international environment where you can truly make a difference? Join our highly skilled team of 190 colleagues at CarePay and have impact from day one!
CarePay is looking to hire a data scientist for our Amsterdam or Nairobi team. If you are interested, please apply here.
CarePay is a fast-growing fintech / healthtech company with offices in Kenya, Nigeria, and the Netherlands. Our corporate mission is to “Give Everyone the Power to Care” through a digital payment and data platform that transparently connects people, healthcare providers, and healthcare payers. Our most prominent product, Kenya’s M-TIBA platform, already connects over four million people with about 1500 healthcare providers and financing from various insurances, employers and donors. We’ve gained international recognition with the 2018 Technology Pioneer award by the World Economic Forum, a $45 million Series-A funding round in 2019 and have been selected as one of the pioneering use cases on Europe’s GAIA-X cloud platform in 2020. CarePay has been listed together with Safaricom in Fortune’s Change the World Top 10, alongside companies like Zoom and Alibaba.
Together with data analysts, engineers, and other data scientists, you will work on ideation, piloting, programming, productizing and monitoring of data-based use cases for both CarePay’s customers (Patients, Providers, Payers) and CarePay’s internal processes. Examples include detecting fraud throughout the whole patient journey, automating claims management, ML-driven customer segmentation and campaigning, ensuring data privacy for all users and for all analyses, deep-diving with analyses for different use-cases of the organization, and creating data pipelines to keep everything running. This work will be based on data infrastructure that is already set up and continuously improved. You will be working with a diverse and driven team that prioritizes impact over cutting-edge methods. We work within an agile framework with a strong focus on collaboration, transparency and quality with daily stand ups, peer code review, automated testing and other best practices.
• BSc in a quantitative field
• Proficient in Python, including experience with Data Science toolboxes (e.g., pandas, sklearn)
• Interest in global development and healthcare
• Applied data science experience including working with end-users
• Experience with SQL, Airflow, data visualization, data warehousing, AWS, software engineering
• Experience in translating business questions and using available data to arrive at an answer
• Experience with developing solutions as part of a team
• Experience with healthcare data
• Experience working in a highly competitive, international business environment
What we offer
• The opportunity to work on projects with high social impact with a fun and motivated team
• Startup culture with an international team, flat hierarchies, and Friday beers
• Travel opportunities to Amsterdam or Nairobi
• Your choice of equipment and tools
• Competitive salary and flexible hours