August 20, 2021
Do you want to contribute to enable millions of people all over the world access to healthcare? Do you want to work in a fast-paced, international environment where you can truly make a difference? Join our highly skilled team of 190 colleagues at CarePay and have an impact from day one!
At CarePay Kenya, we have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our Data Team as a Data Engineer.
If you are interested, please apply here.
CarePay is a data-driven social enterprise with offices in Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, and the Netherlands. We are working with health insurances, governments, donors, and a network of over 3.000 healthcare providers to “Give Everyone the Power to Care” through a transparent digital payment platform. In Kenya, we already enrolled over four million people with our M-TIBA platform, and in Nigeria we are scaling up a universal health coverage proposition with the largest state. We’ve gained international recognition with the 2018 Technology Pioneer award by the World Economic Forum, a $45 million Series-A funding round in 2019 and have been selected as one of the pioneering use cases on Europe’s GAIA-X cloud platform in 2020.
Together with data analysts, data scientists, and other data engineers, you will work on the data infrastructure, build data driven applications and set up ELT pipelines. For example, you will be working on setting up our customer-facing data services, our Kafka-based event-sourcing pipelines, productionize a machine learning algorithm for fraud detection and further improve on our state-of-the-art ELT pipelines. This work will be based on data infrastructure that is already set up and continuously improved. You will be working with a diverse and driven team that prioritizes impact over cutting-edge methods. As far as tooling is concerned, our stack consists of AWS, Singer, Snowflake, Airflow, DBT, and Metabase. We prefer programming in Python and Java.
• You are proficient in SQL
• You are proficient in Java
• You are passionate about global development and healthcare
• You have a cloud native mindset and have experience with Kubernetes
• You are proficient in Python
• You have experience with Spring Boot
• You have experience with Data Warehousing, Airflow, AWS, Kafka, DBT
• Security and GDPR are always part of your development cycle.
• You have experience with developing solutions as part ofa team
• You have experience with healthcare data
• You have experience working in a highly competitive, international business environment
What we offer
• The opportunity to work on projects with high social impact with a fun and motivated team
• Startup culture with an international team
• Based in Amsterdam with travel opportunities
• Competitive salary and flexible hours