January 6, 2021
Do you want to contribute to getting millions of people all over the world access to healthcare? Do you want to work in a fast-paced, international environment where you can truly make a difference? Join our highly skilled team of 190 colleagues at CarePay and have impact from day one!
CarePay is looking to hire a Data Analyst for our Kenyan Private Insurance team. If you are interested, please send us a quick note with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply below!
CarePay is a data-driven company operating in Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania and with headquarters located in Amsterdam. CarePay has developed a mobile health benefit platform, branded M-TIBA in Kenya, that has the potential to fundamentally change healthcare. The platform digitally connects patients, health payers (e.g. insurers, governments) and healthcare providers to one platform. We believe that through mobile technology everyone can be connected to health insurance against very low marginal costs. Our platform enables people to access health insurance schemes and pay for healthcare efficiently and transparently via a user-friendly health wallet on their mobile phone. Using our digital platform leads to reduced costs, creates huge data value, and enhances transparency and accountability.
So far, we have enrolled over 4.7 million people and have connected more than 3,000 healthcare providers. Since the start, CarePay has gained international traction. In 2017, CarePay won the FT/IFC Transformational Business Award and in 2018 CarePay was recognized as Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum. In 2019, CarePay won the Swiss Re Entrepreneurs for Resilience Award. In 2020 CarePay was selected as one of the pioneering use cases on Europe’s GAIA-X cloud platform and has been listed together with Safaricom in Fortune’s Change the World top 10, alongside companies like Zoom and Alibaba.
In April 2019, CarePay International raised $45 million in a Series A financing round to facilitate the expansion to other countries.
The Data Analyst is responsible for Data Analysis: that involves design, development, and analysis of
data from multiple data sources with the purpose of supporting CarePay’s operational and strategic
Duties & responsibilities
• Compile, verify accuracy and sort information according to priorities to prepare source data for
• system entry
• Review data against the various output(s)
• Search and obtain further information for incomplete data and update
• Apply data program techniques and procedures for large data sets
• Generate reports, store completed work in designated locations and perform backup
• Respond to queries for information and access relevant data
• Comply with data integrity and security policies
• Retrieve data as requested
Minimal qualifications and experience
• Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Business, Finance, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics or Engineering.
• Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (Excel, Microsoft Power BI etc.)
• At least 3 years of relevant experience
• Proficient in SQL
Preferred skills and competencies
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to write comprehensive reports and present findings
• Ability to analyze large datasets
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Basic understanding of databases
What we offer
• The opportunity to work on projects with high social impact with a fun and motivated team
• Startup culture with an international team, flat hierarchies
• Based in Nairobi, Kenya
• Competitive salary and flexible hours