CarePay is a data-driven company operating in Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania and with headquarters located in Amsterdam. CarePay has developed a mobile health benefit platform, branded M-TIBA in Kenya, that has the potential to fundamentally change healthcare. The platform digitally connects patients, health payers (e.g. insurers, governments) and healthcare providers to one platform. We believe that through mobile technology everyone can be connected to health insurance against very low marginal costs. Our platform enables people to access health insurance schemes and pay for healthcare efficiently and transparently via a user-friendly health wallet on their mobile phone. Using our digital platform leads to reduced costs, creates huge data value, and enhances transparency and accountability.
So far, we have enrolled over 4.7 million people and have connected more than 3,000 healthcare providers. Since the start, CarePay has gained international traction. In 2017, CarePay won the FT/IFC Transformational Business Award and in 2018 CarePay was recognized as Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum. In 2019, CarePay won the Swiss Re Entrepreneurs for Resilience Award. In 2020 CarePay was selected as one of the pioneering use cases on Europe’s GAIA-X cloud platform and has been listed together with Safaricom in Fortune’s Change the World top 10, alongside companies like Zoom and Alibaba.
In April 2019, CarePay International raised $45 million in a Series A financing round to facilitate the expansion to other countries.
As a Delivery Lead, you oversee the delivery goals and commitments of one or more of our development squads. In a multidisciplinary team, you ensure processes are followed and Scrum ceremonies take place in a constructive manner. You guarantee deviations and impediments are handled and new requests are absorbed accordingly and in line with the product vision. You communicate with external stakeholders inside and outside CarePay to align efforts and report on performance. You are accessible to your teams at all times.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Own complete delivery of one or more development squads;
- Assist the squad(s) in defining and achieving their goals;
- Ensure deliverables are up to quality standards at the end of each sprint;
- Resolve and mitigate delivery challenges and impediments, facilitating conversations across all departments to set expectations right with regards to scope and timelines;
- Proactively communicate delivery performance (to internal and external stakeholders) through appropriate tools and metrics including sprint reports, burn down charts, etc.;
- Support team members in the coordination of sprints, daily stand-ups, planning, and retrospectives, while promoting collaboration with other teams;
- Work closely with Product Owners to handle backlogs and prioritize new requests;
- Be the first point of escalation for ad-hoc work and demands, including incidents and support requests;
- Contribute to the Scrum Master Chapter initiatives as means to improve company-wide processes and performances;
- Take on a project lead role, when necessary, for larger and customer-facing projects.
Key performance measures:
- Contribution to goals of the squads/focus area;
- Visible improvement of the effectiveness of the team (velocity, story points delivered, epics delivery) - supported by metrics;
- Proper prioritization of incidents and other support requests to be escalated to the team(s);
- Effective management of communication between teams and other stakeholders;
- Accurate collection and analysis of relevant metrics that communicate progress towards the sprint and quarter goals.
Educational qualifications, knowledge & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (i.e. Engineering, Product Design, Healthcare Management);
- At least 2 years experience in delivering technology projects in a fast paced, Agile environment;
- Passion for continual improvement, and able to demonstrate this from previous roles;
- Background experience as Project Manager/Coordinator, with a desire to move into a Scrum Master role;
- Client relations and stakeholder management experience;
- Experience in Healthcare, Insurance, or Payments domains is a big plus;
- Agile/Scrum certifications are a plus;
- Experience with the Atlassian tool set, in particular Jira and Confluence;
- Affinity with global development and healthcare.
Key skills & competencies:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: able to communicate in a collaborative, clear and timely fashion;
- Analytic mindset and good problem-solving skills: able to actively address internal and external risks, issues and dependencies, including where ownership lies outside the team(s);
- Highly organized and detail-oriented: able to conduct planning and forecasting activities and use team metrics/empiricism to drive continuous improvement;
- Strong people and leadership skills: able to build trusting relationships with commercial stakeholders, development teams and product owners;
- Good team working spirit: able to relate to people at all levels and different cultures, including non-technical staff
- Enthusiastic and motivated personality;
- Discretion in handling confidential information;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, professionalism, and a commitment to CarePay’s mission to Give People Power to Care.
What we offer :
- The opportunity to work on projects with high social impact with a fun and motivated team;
- Startup culture with an international team (>50% in Kenya), flat hierarchies;
- Competitive salary and flexible hours.