November 12, 2019
Do you want to contribute to getting millions of people all over the world access to healthcare? Do you want to work in a fast-paced, international environment where you can truly make a difference? Join our highly skilled team of 135 colleagues at CarePay and have impact from day one!
CarePay is looking to hire senior software engineers for our Amsterdam team. If you are interested, please send us a quick note with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply below!
CarePay is a fast-growing fintech / healthtech company with offices in Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, and the Netherlands. Our corporate mission is to “Give Everyone the Power to Care” through a digital payment and data platform that transparently connects people, healthcare providers, and healthcare payers. Our most prominent product, Kenya’s M-TIBA platform, already connects over four million people with about 1500 healthcare providers and financing from various insurances, employers and donors. In 2017, CarePay won the FT/IFC Transformational Business Award and in 2018 CarePay was recognized as a Technology Pioneer 2018 by the World Economic Forum, putting it in the same league as previous winners of the same award such as Google, Facebook and Airbnb. In 2019 Carepay secured substantial financial funding to support and fuel our growth and to realize our vision.
As senior software engineer you are part of one of our developer teams working on core features of the platform. You are part of a multidisciplinary team including front end engineers, cloud engineers, business analysts, designers and business owners. As a team you own your backlog and take pride in achieving results. Your main task to is to deliver quality solutions for our end users and at the same time keep the platform fit for the future. You guide and coach other team members. Our main technologies are Java, AWS, SQL, Angular and Android. You will be working with a diverse and driven team that prioritizes impact over cutting-edge methods. Yet at the same you and your continuously probe and explore new opportunities and technologies.
• MSc in software engineering or related
• At least 5 years plus relevant software development experience
• Experienced in Java and SQL
• Interest in global development and healthcare
• English speaking
• Have a cloud native mindset
• Experience setting up CI/CD tools and pipelines
• Experience with Github or Bitbucket
• Experience with mobile technology and development
• Security and GDPR are always part of your development cycle.
• Experience with developing solutions as part of a team
• Experience working in a highly competitive, international business environment
What we offer
• The opportunity to work on projects with high social impact with a fun and motivated team
• Startup culture with an international team (>50% in Kenia), flat hierarchies, and Friday beers
• Based in Amsterdam with travel opportunities
• Your choice of equipment and tools
• Competitive salary and flexible hours
November 6, 2019
CarePay is an international, fast-growing fintech company with offices in Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania and the Netherlands. Our HQ was established in 2018 in Amsterdam. Our company’s vision is to make mobile health insurance accessible to everyone by using state-of-the-art technology against no marginal costs. We strongly believe in leveraging the mobile technology revolution to transform the health insurance sector. CarePay has developed a smart payment distribution platform on the foundations of the mobile money ecosystem, which permanently connects patients, premium payers, insurers and healthcare providers on our platform. CarePay’s platform has connected over 4.5 million participants and 2,000 healthcare facilities and is now expanding its business internationally, starting with Nigeria and Tanzania.
Since its start, CarePay has received wide-spread international coverage and traction. In 2017, CarePay won the FT/IFC Transformational Business Award and in 2018 CarePay was recognized as a Technology Pioneer 2018 by the World Economic Forum, following the footsteps of long line of successful companies, such as Google, Twitter and Airbnb. In 2019, CarePay won the Swiss Re Entrepreneurs for Resilience Award.
Do you want to contribute to getting millions of people all over the world access to healthcare? Do you want to work in a fast-paced, international environment where you can truly make a difference? Do you want to work in a company that has the ambition to change the world? Join our highly skilled team at CarePay and have impact from day one!
The main responsibility will be to contribute to the creation of new products and enhancements to existing products from concept to launch as part of a cross-functional project team. The Frontend Developer’s responsibility is to design, implement, and test frontend applications that result in compelling, easy-to-use products. The Frontend Developer will also be responsible for a demanding and rewarding variety of duties related to the development, enhancement and delivery of CarePay’s leading product
As a front end developer you are part of a multidisciplinary team across Amsterdam and Nairobi Kenya working on various aspects off the Carepay platform. Our key technologies are Java, AWS and Angular.
Duties & responsibilities
• Analysing user requirements, researching, designing and writing new frontend systems;
• Design mobile-based features;
• Work closely with backend developers to use the endpoints which are available;
• Optimize applications for maximum speed;
• Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
• Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
• Documenting and demonstrating solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
• Responding promptly and professionally to bug reports.
• Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
• Obtains and licenses software by obtaining required information from vendors; recommending purchases; testing and approving products
• Evaluating the software and systems that make computers and hardware work;
• Creating technical specifications and test plans;
• Writing operational documentation with technical authors;
• Maintaining systems by monitoring and correcting software defects;
• Working closely with other staff, such as project managers, graphic artists, designers, developers, systems analysts, and sales and marketing professionals;
• Consulting clients and colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems and with a view to writing or modifying current operating systems;
• Protect operations by keeping information confidential.
• Preparation of training manuals and training users
• Handling support and feedback
• Maintaining the systems once they are up and running
• Investigating new technologies;
• Continually updating technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and/or external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications.
• Travelling willing to travel every quarter (eg: Kenia of Nigeria)
• Degree qualifications in Information Technology, Computer Science, software engineering, or related field
• Experience with HTML5, Ajax, AngularJS, CSS/SASS
• Knowledge of source-code and release management tools
• More than 5 years of work experience in an active frontend development position
• Experience and knowledge in software development lifecycle
• Experience with Micro-Services and REST-based architecture
• Knowledge on Android is a plus.
• Excellent IT and programming skills
• Clean code writing and software documentation preparation
• Strong in numerical and analytical skills
• Have creative approach to problem-solving
• Excellent organizational and project management skills
• Ability to work on another’s design and specification
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Eye for detail
• Ability to interpret and follow technical plans
• Team working skills with ability to work with people at all levels, including non-technical staff
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Training and presentation skills
• Be self-motivated and a quick learner
• Discretion in handling confidential information.
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, professionalism, and a commitment to CarePay’s mission.
Key performance measures
• Deliver clean code in time.
• Able to translate functional specs / mock-ups into working (mobile) application.
• Usability and speed of the application.
• Identification of new innovative technologies.