November 1, 2019
CarePay is an international, fast-growing fintech company with offices in Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania and the Netherlands. Our HQ was established in 2018 in Amsterdam. Our company’s vision is to make mobile health insurance accessible to everyone by using state-of-the-art technology. We strongly believe in leveraging the mobile technology revolution to transform the health insurance sector. CarePay has developed a smart payment distribution platform on the foundations of the mobile money ecosystem, which permanently connects patients, premium payers, insurers and healthcare providers on our platform. The platform provides mobile health wallets which allows all stakeholders to send, receive and pay dedicated healthcare funds to each other instantly and thereby reducing costs, creating huge data value and enhancing transparency and accountability. CarePay’s platform has connected over 4.5 million participants and more than 2,000 healthcare facilities and is now expanding its business internationally,starting with Nigeria and Tanzania.
Since its start, CarePay has received wide-spread international coverage and traction. In 2017, CarePay won the FT/IFC Transformational Business Award and in 2018 CarePay was recognized as a Technology Pioneer 2018 by the World Economic Forum, following the footsteps of long line of successful companies, such as Google (2001), Twitter (2009) and Airbnb (2013). In 2019, CarePay won the SwissRe Entrepreneurs for Resilience Award.
The main task of the Finance Director is to oversee and direct the organization’s financial goals, objectives and budgets. The Finance Director has the primary responsibility for the day-to-day planning, implementing, managing and controlling of all financial-, compliance- and risk-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for financial and management accounting, corporate finance, tax-related issues, investment relations, compliance and regulatory affairs, forecasting, strategic planning, financial reporting, deal analysis and negotiations support, and setting up, managing an administrative organization and internal control. There is an opportunity to grow into a Chief Financial Officer role.
The FinanceDirector will oversee, supervise, support and help set up the finance teams in the local operating companies. All local Financial Leads of the CarePay country offices will have a functional reporting line to the Group Finance Director. In terms of line management, the Finance Leads of the CarePay country organizations will report to their respective country Managing Directors.
• Provide leadership to the company’s Finance and Accounting strategy to optimize the company’s financial performance and strategic position;
• Advising management on financial planning, budgeting, cash flow, cost control, investment priorities and policy matters;
• Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers;
• Developing, administering and monitoring the company budget and work plan in accordance with the company financial management procedures;
• Take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management policies by managing the company’s cash-flow through constantly reviewing cash flow statements, performance against budget, credit facilities and cash and collection, and approving payments to suppliers as appropriate;
• Overseeing the organization’s risk management including general liability and related insurance coverage and risk mitigation;
• Take overall control of the company’s accounting function;
• Provide executive leadership in the continuous evaluation of short and long term strategic financial objectives and offer recommendations to enhance financial performance and business opportunities;
• Ensure effective and timely financial management on all company matters; and reporting in accordance with laid down guidelines and regulations;
• Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth;
• Developing and leading the CPI finance team and supervising/supporting local finance teams;
• Ensure compliance with all regulatory and legal requirements at Group and local level;
• Developing and maintaining an effective procurement system;
• Corporate finance: manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate.
• Management Board and Investor Relations: Presenting monthly business and financial updates and performing comprehensive reporting for and financial presentations during all Board meetings and Shareholder meetings;
• Close involvement in commercial negotiations with customers.
• Responsible for managing the yearly financial auditing process with our external auditors
• Entrepreneurial/business acumen skills;
• Strong accounting, audit, financial management and financial analysis skills;
• Highly numerate with an ability to create, manage, interpret, and present financial analysis, forecasting and resource management;
• Strong managerial and leadership skills with the ability to manage and develop high-performing teams;
• Ability to prioritize workload and function effectively within and outside the office in a cross-cultural, interdisciplinary and high-paced international environment;
• A post graduate degree (Masters) in finance, accounting, commerce or Business Administration (MBA);
• Qualifications in Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and Chartered financial analyst (CFA) is desirable;
• Knowledge and strong understanding of investor relations, accounting, tax, financial modeling, risk management, compliance, systems corporate finance;
• Minimum 7-10 years of relevant work experience, preferably in financial management and operations in a service-oriented organization;
• Experience managing finance (accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting);
• Experience building and implementing operational systems and processes in a high growth, self-driven context;
• Work experience as a CFO or financial manager of an SME company which experienced fast growth is desirable.
October 1, 2019
We at CarePay build mobile technology solutions with the aim to connect millions of people in Africa to quality healthcare products. In the past 2 years, we signed up over 4 million people in Kenya and plan to sign up millions more in the years to come. In 2018, CarePay joined World Economic Forum’s cohort of technology pioneers, which previously included Google (2001), Twitter (2009), Dropbox (2011) and AirBnB (2013).
You will join a company in a high-growth phase; therefore, your profile should be flexible and open-minded, with the ability to work independently on challenging tasks. We look for a team player who is excited to join our larger vision and who wants to use their skills to help make a change in this world.
– Paid internship
– Challenging, interesting work with significant responsibilities and learning opportunities
– Partaking in a high-pace environment with close contact to the core of the business
– Job will be based in Amsterdam, and you will spend a lot of time with our colleagues in Africa
– Front row seat in a tech start-up with a social purpose that is in the midst of a major international expansion
– Bachelor’s or MBA/Master’s in relevant field (or actively working towards one)
– Strong understanding of financial statements analysis
– Solid communication skills (in English)
– Strong Excel skills, solid PowerPoint skills
– High level of accuracy, efficiency and ownership of tasks given
– Prior work experience preferred (optional)
– Must have a visa/work permit for the Netherlands
We are continuously looking for ambitious interns!