Do you want to contribute to getting millions of Nigerians access to affordable quality healthcare? Do you want to work in a fast-paced, international environment where you can truly make a difference? Join our highly skilled team of 190 colleagues at CarePay and have impact from day one!
CarePay is looking to hire a Pricelist coding intern for our CarePay Nigeria team to be based in Lagos, on a 3 months contract.
If you are interested, please apply via firstname.lastname@example.org
CarePay is a data-driven company operating in Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania and with headquarters located in Amsterdam. CarePay has developed a mobile health benefit management platform, branded M-TIBA in Kenya, that has the potential to fundamentally change healthcare. The platform digitally connects patients, health payers (e.g., insurers, governments) and healthcare providers to one platform. We believe that through mobile technology everyone can be connected to health insurance against very low marginal costs. Our platform enables people to access health insurance schemes and pay for healthcare efficiently and transparently. Using our digital platform leads to reduced costs, enhances transparency, efficiency and accountability for healthcare providers, payers and consumers.
So far, we have enrolled over 4.7 million people and have connected more than 3,500 healthcare providers across Kenya and Nigeria. Since the start, CarePay has gained international traction. In 2017, CarePay won the FT/IFC Transformational Business Award and in 2018 CarePay was recognized as Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum. In 2019, CarePay won the SwissRe Entrepreneurs for Resilience Award. In 2020 CarePay was selected as one of the pioneering use cases on Europe’s GAIA-X cloud platform and has been listed together with Safaricom in Fortune’s Change the World top 10, alongside companies like Zoom and Alibaba.
As a Pricelist coding intern in our Nigeria team, your role will be to manage the medical codes and pricelist functionality within the Nigeria operations portal. This will ensure efficient and effective pricelist management, medical coding management and aligning medical codes for new schemes with the CarePay platform.
Duties & responsibilities
- Ensure accurate and complete medical coding continues to be maintained within CarePay systems.
- Set up a system to ensure codes and prices for any new drugs items or medical procedures and service are added onto CarePay systems as soon as they get available within the market.
- Review coding challenges and discuss these regularly with supervisor as well as with Coding Committee.
- Continually enhance coding structures in accordance with, management and Operational needs of CarePay.
- Work closely with the Healthcare Providers Manager, management and other staff to provide medical support and general medical expertise as required.
- Participate in internal and external workgroups to develop any additional codes or price benchmarking as required to support projects.
- Accurately document coding procedures, claims guidelines and any audit data updating management as required.
- Ensure you manage the confidentiality all clients and customer data on the platform.
- Building provider pricelists for providers under the Carepay Healthcare Discount Card product and any other providers as required.
- Allocation and rating of provider prices as compared to expected market prices per category of providers.
- Approve and oversee provider pricelists and resolve any issues related to these pricelists within 48 hours.
- Ensure the default reference prices on all pricelists are updated continually.
- Continually, appropriately and in a timely manner raise any pricelist issue you note within the provider network.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ work experience in health care or health related field/position
- Bachelor's degree in medical related qualifications i.e. Pharmacy, Nursing, or Clinical Officer
- A solid understanding of current diseases patterns and treatment protocols
- Exhibit sound knowledge of medical terminology
- Strong understanding of private and public healthcare delivery systems
- Have commercial acumen and good data analysis skills
- Knowledge of drugs/pharmacy with understanding of medical services will will be an added advantage
- General understanding of the interrelations between codes, claims processing and how they relate to medical and insurance payment policies and benefit management
- An understanding of confidentiality and data protection issues
Bonus points if you have:
- Previous medical coding understanding and experience
- You are passionate about global health and tech
- Previous experience in the healthcare or health insurance industry
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work on projects with high social impact with a fun and motivated team
- To be part of a fast-growing scale-up with plenty of growth opportunities
- Based in Lagos with the possibility of travel within Nigeria
- Competitive salary and flexible hours