October 1, 2019
We at CarePay build mobile technology solutions with the aim to connect millions of people in Africa to quality healthcare products. In the past 2 years, we signed up over 4 million people in Kenya and plan to sign up millions more in the years to come. In 2018, CarePay joined World Economic Forum’s cohort of technology pioneers, which previously included Google (2001), Twitter (2009), Dropbox (2011) and AirBnB (2013).
You will join a company in a high-growth phase; therefore, your profile should be flexible and open-minded, with the ability to work independently on challenging tasks. We look for a team player who is excited to join our larger vision and who wants to use their skills to help make a change in this world.
Together with data analysts, engineers, and other data scientists, you will work on ideation, piloting, and productizing of data-based use cases for both CarePay’s customers (People, Providers, Payers) and CarePay’s internal processes. Examples include creating healthcare quality benchmarks for all stakeholders, detecting fraud throughout the process, automating claims management, developing data monetization models, ensuring data privacy for all users and for all analyses, helping with analyses within the company, and creating data pipelines to keep everything running. This work will be based on data infrastructure that is already set up and continuously improved. You will be working with a diverse and driven team that prioritizes impact over cutting-edge methods.
– A dedicated, international team that thinks healthcare should be accessible for everyone, everywhere
– We're data driven, we make success measurable and we commit to deadlines
– We grow fast, we learn fast and we adapt to the latest and greatest
– We are international, so yes there are travel perks. Have you seen the big 5 yet?
– Our spacious office, just a 2 minute walk from Amsterdam Holendrecht Station
– MSc in a quantitative field
– Proficient in Python, including experience with data science toolboxes (e.g., pandas,sklearn)
– Interest in global development and healthcare
– Applied data science experience including working with end-users
– Experience with SQL, Visualization, AWS, software engineering
– Experience in translating business questions and using available data to arrive at answer
– Experience with developing solutions as part of a team
– Experience with healthcare data
– Experience working in a highly competitive, international business environment
Interested? Do you think you got what it takes to help us with our goal to make healthcare accessible for everyone? Apply now!